002: How to Structure a Self-Hosted Blog
The Blog With Ben Podcast: Episode 002
Welcome to episode number two of the Blog With Ben Podcast!
This is a podcast where I talk with bloggers and entrepreneurs on how they build, grow, and monetize their blogs and online business ventures.
I’m your host, Ben Cummings, and today’s episode is part one of a three-part series. In this episode, I break down my digital platform and pull back the curtain on how I structure blogwithben.com. You’ll learn how to start a blog the right way, and why I think this blogging platform is the best one available.
We’ll also cover the ten benefits of a self-hosted blog and dissect the structure of a profitable blog in today’s digital marketing space.
This podcast’s format is typically an interview with another blogger, but today is going to be a solo show. I’m actually in the process of recording a few other episodes, so it’s just going to be me.
I thought this would be a good opportunity to talk a little bit about blogwithben.com and specifically focus on how I structure my blog, what resources I use, and how I’ve been generating revenue online.
The main reason I wanted to do this episode is because I wanted to break down what I personally use as my digital platform, and pull back the curtain on my online business
Some Topics I Cover:
- The structure of blogwithben.com. [3:12]
- How does a blog get online? [4:02]
- What does self-hosted mean? [4:44]
- Why Bluehost? [4:57]
- What are the benefits of a self-hosted blog? [5:50]
- How much control do you have over a self-hosted blog? [6:08]
- Can you earn money with a self-hosted blog? [7:21]
- The importance of a domain name. [8:55]
- What blogging platform is the most flexible, lucrative, and secure? [17:38]
- Why WordPress.org? [18:18]
- The WordPress and Bluehost partnership and their exclusive offer. Why should you use it? [19:54]
If you enjoyed this episode, I’d love for you to subscribe to the podcast. I’d also love to hear your feedback. If you have a moment, please take a second to rate my show and leave an honest review. I read every single comment and your feedback ultimately helps me better serve you.
Thanks for listening!
Ben Cummings – Digital Marketing Specialist, Entrepreneur, and Creator of Blogwithben.com
- How to structure a self-hosted blog.
- How web hosting works and why it’s important.
- Which web host provider I use and recommend.
- Why WordPress.org is the most reliable blogging platform.
- A self-hosted blogs vs. free blogs. Who wins?
- 10 benefits of a self-hosted blog.
- Top digital marketing platform for 2017.
- Growth and monetization strategies.
- How I structure Blog With Ben.
Hosted by Ben Cummings
Founder of blogwithben.com
Ben is a Digital Marketing and CMS Specialist for Bridgepoint Education who holds an MBA with a specialization in Entrepreneurship. He enjoys teaching, blogging, startups, a hoppy IPA, and college basketball. Whenever he’s not blogging, you can find him cruising around sunny San Diego with his amazing family.